Saree is the most traditional outfit in our Indian culture. From great mythology times till today – sarees have been loved by ladies enormously! Are you a fan of saree too? You might surely be looking for new ways to style them.
Our society has gone a great evolution and so are the sarees. It is no more a common style drape and a pallu. We have adopted more trendy and fashionable aspects in our day-to-day life. Nowadays, sarees are worn to look modern and ethnic at the same time. For instance, sequin saree, ruffle saree, Indo-western saree and so on are the new saree collection these days. But is that it? Not at all! There are multiple ways of styling it to look like a diva. Let’s find out.
- Layer it up: To keep yourself warm and cosy while being modern in a saree – prefer going for a blazer or jacket on top of a saree. This is the new trend that is renowned in Bollywood lately. All you got to do is pick up a saree of your choice and pair a blazer or jacket of the dominant colour with your saree. Colour matching is extremely necessary for this style.
- Experiment with the blouse: That old-school pointed blouse fashion is now gone! While everyone is just focusing on experimenting with sarees, why not do it differently? Styling and recreating a blouse according to the latest trend will oomph your saree anyways. For instance, you can have a frilled sleeve, puffed sleeve, polo neck blouse, tube top, shirt and so on. A traditional saree on top shall do wonders!
- Tuck Belts: Sarees and belts have been on trend for years. Belts have been incorporated in sarees to highlight the contours of the body. The draping style should be loose if you are planning to wrap a belt around your waist. Remember, the colour of your belt should be in contrast to your saree or else it won’t highlight the fashion. How about a brown belt on a white saree? Even an oxidised kamarband will look good on a tie-dye or shibori saree of any colour.
- Off-shoulder look: An easy of going contemporary with sarees is to bring your sleeve down. An off-shoulder blouse shall look stunning. No matter what type of saree you prefer, the off-shoulder blouse will flaunt your femininity and shall provide you with a completely chic look. This style is perfect for cocktail parties and reception functions.
- Mix and match: Pair a traditional saree with a modern blouse or a trendy piece of jewelry.
- Experiment with draping: Try draping the saree in a different way than the traditional style.
- Layer it up: Layer a saree over a pair of palazzos or a pair of jeans for a contemporary look.
- Add a belt: Use a belt to cinch the saree at the waist to give it a more modern and edgy look.
- Accessorize: Experiment with different types of accessories like statement earrings, bracelets, or even a hat to give the saree a more modern look.
- Mix it with other clothing: Try pairing the saree with denim or a leather jacket for a fusion look.
- Experiment with Colors: Try pairing sarees in different colors together to create a modern and trendy look.
- The Cape Saree: This modern take on the traditional saree involves draping the saree over a cape-like blouse, adding a layer of elegance and sophistication to the outfit.
- The Half-Saree: This style involves draping the saree in such a way that only half of it falls over the legs, while the other half is draped over the shoulder like a shawl. This gives the saree a more casual and laid-back look.
So, what are your views on these styles? Aren’t these fabulous? You can carry them with almost any saree – from your mom’s cupboard or the new one that you are planning to get. If saree shopping is on your list, don’t forget to purchase them from Tirumala designers. The store has the latest wedding saree collection, and many other designer sarees both online and offline. They have been serving the clothing world for decades now. Must visit their online saree collection and select some best pieces for you. Remember to check out some great fabrics and suits at the store too.