Opening Old and Unsupported Files in FTM 2017 for Mac
Family Tree Maker 2019 for Mac may not be able to open older or unsupported files, depending on the file format and version of the original software. However, there are a few methods that can help you open old and unsupported files in FTM 2017 for Mac.
- Convert the file: One way to open an older or unsupported file in FTM 2017 for Mac is to convert the file to a format that is compatible with the software. You can use a file conversion tool such as GEDCOM to convert the file to a GEDCOM file, which is a standard format for genealogy data that can be read by most genealogy software.
- Import the file: Another way to open an older or unsupported file in FTM 2017 for Mac is to import the file into the software. To do this, go to the File menu and select “Import.” Then, navigate to the location of the file and select it. FTM 2017 for Mac will import the data from the file and create a new tree.
- Upgrade to a newer version: Some older files may not be compatible with FTM 2017 for Mac, but they may be compatible with a newer version of the software. Upgrading to a newer version of FTM can help you open older files, but it’s important to check the system requirements and compatibility with the newer version.
It’s important to note that, when working with old and unsupported files, the information may not be accurate or complete and the sources may not be available. Therefore, it’s recommended to review the data and sources before adding them to the tree. Also, it’s important to make a backup of the family tree maker files before attempting to open or convert it, in case any errors occur during the process.
By following the above-mentioned process, you can open older or unsupported files for MAC. You just have to follow the step-by-step process. In case, If you are not able to complete the process then you can contact family tree maker for support. You will get chat support from the family tree maker. One of the family tree maker representatives will contact you through chat and will help you with the process to open older or unsupported files for MAC.
Merging Duplicate Individuals in FTM 2008-2017 for Windows
Duplicate individuals can occur in a family tree when multiple people enter the same information or when a tree is imported from another source. In Family Tree Maker (FTM) 2008-2017 for Windows, you can merge duplicate individuals to keep your tree accurate and organized. Here are the steps to merge duplicate individuals in FTM 2008-2017 for Windows:
- Open Family Tree Maker and open the tree that contains the duplicate individuals.
- Locate the duplicate individuals in the tree.
- Right-click on one of the duplicate individuals and select “Merge Person.”
- A window will appear, displaying the duplicate individuals. Select the individual that you want to keep and click “OK.”
- The information from the duplicate individual will be merged with the selected individual, and the duplicate individual will be removed from the tree.
- Repeat this process for any additional duplicate individuals.
It is important to note that when merging individuals, it’s better to keep the one with the most information, and then add the missing information from the duplicate individual. Also, it’s better to review the information and sources of the individuals before merging to make sure they are referring to the same person, and avoid any inaccuracies.
Additionally, it’s important to make a backup of your tree before merging individuals, in case any errors occur during the process.
It is also important to note that, depending on the version of FTM you are using, the way to access the merge feature may be different. So, it’s recommended to check the user manual or help section of the software for more information on how to merge individuals specifically in your version of FTM.
Merging duplicate people in family tree maker is a very easy process. You can merge duplicate people in family tree maker by following the simple steps mentioned in the article. In case, if you face any issue, you can contact family tree maker through chat.